Saturday, May 30, 2015

Counting My Blessings

Salam, and hello folks!

Phew, it's been too long since I last blogged (cliche intro isn't it?). A lot of things had happened since then. My graduation, my first employment, and so on. Just a quick summary, I graduated last November, and I'm currently working at a Japan company in Cyberjaya (Japanese again, how irony). They welcome people who can speak fluent Japanese due to the nature of the business, but that's not always the case (I know nothing about Japanese anyway). But anyhow, it's a really good exposure. You get to work with the Japanese and learn from them a lot. 

Finding a job is not easy these days, really. Especially for fresh graduates. 

You don't really have the luxury to choose your dream job, not yet. This is the time for you to find as much experience as you can, which will be necessary for you to grab your dream job. I know some of my friends are still struggling to find jobs. It's okay guys, chin up!  It's not a failure. It's just that the competition is crazy now. To be honest, my current job isn't what I really wanted either. But I grabbed whatever opportunity I had cause I wanted to learn. That's what working is for, right? Learning. 
Okay and money, you got me HA-HA.

Apart from that, another good thing happened. I was offered a scholarship to further my studies. A fully sponsored Masters, with monthly allowance. And, I got to work as a lecturer after finishing my studies, which is what I've been wanting to do. My parents were the happiest when they heard the news. They've always wanted an educator in the family, just like them. My journey is still a long way, but I really hope I could be a good academician one day and make them proud, InsyaAllah.


It's true, everything happens for a reason. I didn't get to further my studies last year cause it wasn't what God had planned for me. And I accepted it with an open heart. 

He is indeed the best planner :)


P/S : I will write a few long posts after this regarding the scholarship, from the application process to .....well, to the current stage I'm in now? I hope it would be helpful for people who are interested in the teaching department. More on that later!


No comments: